PE Roadmap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
vit1024

Reference Codes on Exam Day Empty Reference Codes on Exam Day

Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:30 pm
Chris,

I'm trying to get a feel for what it will be like to look through reference codes for the new computer based exam.

The NCEES exam specifications document for the computer-based exam states:

"The following codes and standards will be supplied to examinees on exam day as an electronic pdf file in the exam if they are required to answer an exam question.  Solutions to exam questions that reference a standard of practice are scored based on this list and the revision year shown.  Solutions based on other standards will not receive credit."

A few questions:
1.  Will we be provided with one electronic pdf that has all of the standards?  Or a separate pdf for each standard?  
2.  Would we be able to use Ctrl+F to quickly find information?  
3.  For NFPA standard pdf's I'm used to the chapter bookmarks on the side bar which help navigate through different chapters.  Will these be provided?

Thanks,
Vit
Admin
Admin
https://peroadmap.forumotion.com

Reference Codes on Exam Day Empty Re: Reference Codes on Exam Day

Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:05 am
Hi Vit,

From my discussions with NCEES, it will be a single pdf document containing both the NCEES document and the NFPA standards. There will be search functionality and the bookmarks will be present.

On a related note, there is also a good chance that some questions will have the relevant NFPA code/standard information embedded in the question (in which case the full standard may not be provided in the separate PDF document). The NCEES is leaving the door open to use either approach. My suggestion would be to get comfortable with the NFPA documents so that you know how to find the info if needed.

Chris
Admin
Admin
https://peroadmap.forumotion.com

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:09 pm
UPDATE: Just got the following back via email from NCEES

"Candidates taking the PE Fire Protection Engineering Exam will be provided all of the design standards (found on the last page of the Fire Protection Engineering Exam Specifications on the NCEES website) in a digital format, in part or whole, that will be searchable in order to solve the problems that are presented on the exam. The NCEES Fire Protection Reference Handbook is a searchable document as well; however, bookmarks are not a part of the supplied reference or the design standards in their digital format"

vit1024 likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum